Tuesday, August 09, 2016

A new student review of Incognita by Kristen Lippert-Martin

Ampster posted a new student review of Incognita by Kristen Lippert-Martin. See the full review.

Incognita was a fast-paced book with twists of science-fiction and mystery. Even though this is the second book in a trilogy, I could still make sense of it. The twists of suspense and betrayal caught me off guard, and left me hungering for more. Angel was introduced in the story as a girl who didn’t need a guy to save her. I think that really shows the power anyone can have, even a person who seems weak, if they try. Thomas reminds me of a sarcastic, protective teenager who wants to get things done as fast as possible. Micky, my personal favorite, had a bit of every other character in him, making him intertwined with wit, charm, power, care, and mystery. Micky was so unpredictable, that it made me think as I turned each page: What will he do next?
This story had everything, from a small bit of romance, to betrayal, from humor to sacrifice, and even adding a revenge plot that struck from before Angel was tempered with. This book kept me on my toes, anxiously turning each page in excitement and nervousness at what might come next. 
I believe this book was very well written and burst with an abundance of detail, flavor and the author’s voice which cuts through, making this book unique and wonderful.