Monday, August 15, 2016

A new student review of Gamers by Thomas K. Carpenter

KeairaMoreland posted a new student review of Gamers by Thomas K. Carpenter. See the full review.

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. When I began reading it, I was reminded of the Pretties series by Scott Westerfeld. I loved the brave characters! I thought Gabby was a strong protagonist in spite of her flaws. The plot was engaging and well-paced.

I was not familiar with some of the gaming terms such as the term "rebuff." The use of gaming terminology caused me a bit of confusion. Additionally, since the story was based on a team aspect, I would have liked to know more about Mouse and Frags. However, I have a strong feeling I will get that opportunity in the next book.

I appreciated that the concept of this book was highly original. I would recommend this book to fantasy lovers and students ages 12 and up.