Friday, July 01, 2016

A new student review of Akarnae by Lynette Noni

Ampster posted a new student review of Akarnae by Lynette Noni. See the full review.

From the very first page, I fell in love with the energetic and spirited Alex Jennings. The book has so many plot twists. While I read it, I felt involved in the adventure myself. I was walking right beside Alex, and learning what she discovered with her. The Library in the book was portrayed with such mysterious elegance that I want to figure out the millions of secrets within its walls. The author, Noni, creates the most interesting characters. My personal favorite character  was Jordan because of his sarcasm and witty charm. Darrius was such a strong fatherly figure who turned out to be different than I thought he would be. D.C. is also a favorite of mine for her spirit and personality. The suprising characters and overwhelming surprises moved this book to the top of my reading list. Noni creates an advanced society that is based on trust. I loved her word choice and voice throughout this book. Akarnae is amazing, and I can't wait to read the next book, Raelia, which will bring me back into this magical world and continue this daring adventure.