Tuesday, June 07, 2016

A new student review of THE UGLY TEAPOT by Fred Holmes

thudson36 posted a new student review of THE UGLY TEAPOT by Fred Holmes. See the full review.

I really enjoyed reading The Ugly Teapot by Fred Holmes. From the very beginning, this novel captured and held my attention. The protagonist, Hannah, was a strong female character who exhibited bravery and strength throughout the story. She was very likeable, and I found her character easy to relate to.

I liked how this story was filled with action but still dealt with heavy subjects, including death and grief. I think the author did a nice job in finding the balance between happy and sad; some scenes were fun and adventurous while others provoked deep thinking. The plot was well-developed and executed, and the story kept me guessing until the very end.

Overall, I would definitely recommend The Ugly Teapot to any reader looking for an action-packed story with sentimental themes.