Tuesday, June 07, 2016

A new student review of A Bandit's Tale: The Muddled Misadventures of a Pickpocket by Deborah Hopkinson

treygranger posted a new student review of A Bandit's Tale: The Muddled Misadventures of a Pickpocket by Deborah Hopkinson. See the full review.

A Bandit’s Tale was a very adventurous story for me and had me on the edge of my seat at times guessing at what would happen next. The whole story was a truly eye-opening with the twisted truth of what was happening in the streets of New York City during its history of the influx of a great many immigrants.The characters throughout the story all had some part to play to Zaccaro’s journey. All the characters made me believe that I was walking alongside Zaccaro. The plot shows how many activists shaped the city. The story also had a twist of romance, which is always a good part of a great story. I would recommend this book to other teens who would be interested in historical fiction along with those who love historic thrillers.