Thursday, May 05, 2016

A new student review of Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum

thudson36 posted a new student review of Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum. See the full review.

I loved reading Tell Me Three Things. Immediately, I fell in love with the concept of the story and characters. Many interactions between characters, especially between Somebody/Nobody and Jessie, are told through text messages and emails, which made it seem so much more personal and real. The protagonist, Jessie, is very likeable and as a teenage girl, I could relate to many of her feelings and worries. She is a very strong female character, and I enjoyed how as a teenager, she was still portrayed as complex and capable of dealing with tough situations, such as death. Also, Julie Buxbaum did a fantastic job of creating very complex characters and developing their role over the span of the novel. I could tell that the storyline was very well thought out. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel, and would recommend it to others.