Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A new student review of A Most Magical Girl by Karen Foxlee

hawkreader10 posted a new student review of A Most Magical Girl by Karen Foxlee. See the full review.

 I would recommend A Most Magical Girl to anyone in grades 4 - 7 who loves fantasy.  The format of this book is a little unusual:  It starts before Chapter 1, first describing Annabel's ability to see the future in puddles, then introducing Mr. Angel.  I found this a bit confusing at first, but it made sense as I kept reading. Overall, the book was a fast, entertaining read.  Even though “A Most Magical Girl” is a fantasy, the characters were realistic and I found myself rooting for them as they tried to complete their quest.    I think fans of Harry Potter will love this book – it has a very similar plot and fantastical feel.