Thursday, March 17, 2016

A new student review of The Liberation by Marissa Shrock

JesusFreak posted a new student review of The Liberation by Marissa Shrock. See the full review.

When I started reading this book, I had no idea that it was actually a sequel until I reached the author’s acknowledgements at the end. I was glad to see that even though I didn’t read the first book, the descriptions in the sequel were so informative that I wasn’t confused at all. I was also quite surprised that it was a faith-based book. The majority of young adult novels aren’t faith-based, so this was an interesting and pleasant change of course from most YA books.


The plot was what first got me interested in this book. Any novel that has a dystopian universe grabs my attention, as it is my favorite genre. From start to finish, this story was an exciting, heart-pounding adventure that never lost my interest. It especially ramped things up in the last few chapters, in which I was eager to read word after word until the epic finale.


The protagonist, Vivica, was a very intriguing character to read. The way the author wrote her made her lifelike and believable. I felt her struggles as if I was right alongside her in the novel.


With non-stop action and excellent writing, The Liberation is sure to impress.