Monday, January 25, 2016

A new student review of Sammy Keyes and the Showdown in Sin City by Wendelin Van Draanen

aliviathesmartee posted a new student review of Sammy Keyes and the Showdown in Sin City by Wendelin Van Draanen. See the full review.

I really enjoyed reading this novel. It had many twists and turns and was very exciting to read.  I liked how the personalities of each character were so different and alive, while still realistic. I also admired how the mystery was so unusually solved, and how readers could so easily relate to many of the situations.

 

One thing I disliked was how the suspense of the mystery wasn’t really strong at many points. Another was how the story was a bit slow, and could have been more action-paced.

 

Overall, this was a great read, and I can’t wait to read more of this series!