Monday, November 30, 2015

A new student review of Warrior Kids: A Tale of New Camelot by Michael Bowler

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Warrior Kids: A Tale of New Camelot by Michael Bowler. See the full review.

When I first read the description of this book, I thought it was going to be a fast-paced mystery/thriller that would keep me on the edge of my seat. However, the majority of this book was simply the characters discussing the environment. With this constant dialogue regarding climate change, the book's message to the reader that they should care about the environment came across too strongly for me.

Additionally, I wasn’t a fan of the characters. I had difficulty connecting with them and finding them likable. I’m not sure if it was the author’s goal or not, but they seemed almost too old for their age at times.

One thing I enjoyed about this book was that the author frequently stated that kids matter. I feel that adults often think that kids' opinions are worthless, or they don't take them seriously. This book stated that kids’ opinions do matter, and that they can make a difference.

Overall, this book didn't live up to my expectations. I would have found this book a more entertaining read if the author further developed the characters or brought more action into the plot.