Tuesday, September 08, 2015

A new student review of Off the Page by Samantha van Leer Jodi Picoult

pavannah posted a new student review of Off the Page by Samantha van Leer Jodi Picoult. See the full review.

My basic thoughts on this was it was a great book that would serve as a great companion to the original.  However, I was not aware that it had been a companion book, until receiving the actual book, therefore I hadn’t read the first book before completing this book.Even with that, I was able to thoroughly enjoy reading this book, because being a fantasy fanatic, and well, a lover of books, I found a piece of myself within this book; which made me enjoy it all the more.  There was great character development with Oliver, but was lacking in others, which is a little disappointing, but not the end of the world.  I think the message that love requires sacrifice is a noble one, that shines throughout the book, it is lacking strong backing in this book.  Yes it was clear that it was the message being sent, however it showed that it was more of other characters making sacrifices for Oliver and Delilah, as opposed to they themselves making the sacrifices. So overall, for a sappy romantic fantasy novel is was good, however I will not be reading it again.