Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A new student review of Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley

Boomer123 posted a new student review of Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley. See the full review.

I am almost 10 years old and this book was difficult for me to read.  My mom had to help me, there were a lot of words I didn’t know.  We read most of the book together.  I like books like the Land of Stories and I thought this was going to be like that but it was very different.  It was a little slow and I expected there would be many big adventures.  My favorite parts were the stories about Circus Mirandus, I wished there were more of them.  

I did like all the characters. Micah is very nice and finds a great friend in Jenny.  Grandpa Ephraim is interesting with all his wonderful stories, he’s a pretty great grandfather.  Aunt Gertrudis is not nice.  She doesn’t believe in magic and thinks Micah and his grandfather is foolish for believing in it.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy books about believing in magic.