Monday, July 20, 2015

A new student review of Angels Club by Courtney Vail

sisto8 posted a new student review of Angels Club by Courtney Vail. See the full review.

I thought this book was cute. I didn't know it was supposed to be for kids younger than 12 when I picked it, but the story turned out pretty good. It had most of the contents of a typical kid book: a perfect kid with a dream and a chance to go with that dream, as well as the sweetest, most desirable ending.  Don't get me wrong, I think these kinds of books are awesome for younger kids who are still trying to find their dream. The main character, Jacinda, was a great example for younger readers to try to follow. She was patient, kind, and did volunteer work in her spare time. The setting of a therapy horse farm was pretty unique. I generally enjoyed the book and recommend it for all horse lovers 8+.