Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A new student review of Supernova (The Star-Crossed Saga Book 2) by Braxton A. Cosby

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Supernova (The Star-Crossed Saga Book 2) by Braxton A. Cosby. See the full review.

When I began reading Supernova, I found that I was slightly disappointed. This sequel to Protostar did not live up to my expectations. It started off slowly and took a while to get into the action, and Sydney became even more unlikable in this book than in the first one. Her constant mood swings annoyed me and her romanticism was nonexistent. In various points of the book, I felt that William did everything he could to please Sydney, and in return she treated him horribly.

Something that I didn’t find enjoyable while reading this book was the author’s writing style. There were various times where it felt as if the characters dialogue was verbose or did not flow naturally.

Although the beginning started off slow, when the plot began to get interesting it was easier to read. About halfway through is when the storyline truly became engaging.

Unfortunately, this sequel just didn’t live up to the first book.