Thursday, May 14, 2015

A new student review of Vanished in Berlin by Gry Finsnes

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Vanished in Berlin by Gry Finsnes. See the full review.

When I began reading this book, I realized within the first chapter I already liked the main character, Ellen. The choices she made, though hard, weren’t much different from the choices I would have made if I had been in the same position as her. I also appreciated that her and Friedrich’s love for each other was evident, and their romance was believable.

In the beginning I was a bit confused about the timeline. However, as I continued reading, I caught on and understood where the author was going.

I was only disappointed when the book had to end because I was not ready to put it down. I wished the story had gone on for a bit longer and had a few more questions answered, but those answers were left to the imagination of the reader.

Overall, this book is great for those who like historical fiction and romance.