Saturday, April 11, 2015

A new student review of Ratscalibur by Josh Lieb

jotaf posted a new student review of Ratscalibur by Josh Lieb. See the full review.

Ratscalibur was a great book.  I really liked how detailed the characters were.  Also, I liked how much imagination was put into the book; for example, the author added something called Ragic, which is the rat equivalent of magic.  One of the parts I found funny in this book was when one of the rats that Joey met took Joey to a “restaurant” and ordered a stew for him.  After Joey tried the stew, he asked the other rat what was in it.  The reply was, “You do plan on being human again, don’t you?”  When Joey said yes, the rat replied, “Then you probably don’t want to know.  It might turn out to haunt you later.”  One of the only things that I didn’t like about this book was that it was too short.  If it was longer I would have liked it even better!  I would recommend Ratscalibur to anyone who enjoys funny yet adventurous books.  I am giving this book a well-deserved five stars.