Friday, January 02, 2015

A new student review of The Tightrope Walkers

123evae123 posted a new student review of The Tightrope Walkers . See the full review.

I had so many emotions while reading the book. I loved Dom and hated Dom and was mad at Vincent and in awe of Holly all at the same time. I related to Dominic on a personal level, because he was written to love words. He loved to write and read and it made me connect with him as a character. I saw Holly as a dreamy girl who loved to draw and paint even the most dangerous of things, like the shipyards or Vincent. Her friendship with Dominic had its ups and downs and was a completely believable example of a friendship turned romance. At one point in the novel, just after Dominic went to Vincent because he thought Holly was only friends with him out of pity, I wanted to believe that Vincent had grown up, had stopped being the bully he was in the beginning, but even though the premise of the novel was about change, Vincent was the same. I did find that it was more believable than having all characters change, though, by having the bully of the story attack the two main characters out of envy. When I picked this book I was expecting Vincent to change and the three of them to become friends, and I was pleasantly surprised when that did not happen.