Tuesday, January 06, 2015

A new student review of Eden West

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Eden West . See the full review.

                 When I requested this book for review, I was both intrigued and a bit wary.  Good cult-based books are hard to find, especially when they’re from the cult’s perspective.  I thought that Pete Hautman did an excellent job at portraying a cult.  Throughout the entire book, I was intrigued to learn about the cult and what they thought was the truth.  The main character, Jacob, was an interesting main character.  He wasn’t the average hero like most main characters are in books.  It was a nice breath of fresh air.

                Another thing I loved about this book was the simple yet captivating cover art.  The red on the bottom is a great contrast to the white on the top.

                The only complaint I have about this book is that in places it was a bit slow.  Shortening of description might have helped speed up things a bit more.

                All in all, Eden West is a beautifully written book that tells the way of life when living in a cult.