Monday, December 01, 2014

A new student review of Secrets in Stone by Cecilia Johnson

mail4chase@yahoo.com posted a new student review of Secrets in Stone by Cecilia Johnson. See the full review.

I did not enjoy Secrets in Stone. I feel as though the characters were not explained well. In addition to weak characters, Lily's abilities and powers were never fully explained to me, nor was I told how she gained these powers. I want to know more hows and whys. Also, the evil attacking her dimension was never described, and it didn't seem very pertinent throughout most of the beginning of the book. As I read the book, I was never captured by any of the events and I had to force myself to read. It would help if Cecilia Johnson gave more depth and color to the story, color meaning points of interest. The idea is good, but the execution was lacking.