Thursday, November 20, 2014

A new student review of Spartanica by Powers Molinar

jotaf posted a new student review of Spartanica by Powers Molinar. See the full review.

Spartanica is an awesome book that is chock-full of suspense and action.  I never wanted to put it down.  It was very creative in a way that was lifelike in parts.  The author, Powers Molinar, made the characters very likable. A part in the book that I really enjoyed was when Ty was dreaming his Aunt Andi was making chocolate crepes and bacon for breakfast when he was actually asleep in the woods.  A part I didn't like about the book was that each chapter switched between the perspectives of three people, which made it confusing.   But it wasn't so confusing that I couldn't understand it; it made me pay more attention to each chapter.  This book was so great it left me eagerly anticipating book two.  I would recommend this book to ages eleven through eighteen.