Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A new student review of The Blackhope Enigma by Teresa Flavin

Ravette posted a new student review of The Blackhope Enigma by Teresa Flavin. See the full review.

My only regret was not picking up this book sooner. It was enthralling. I absolutely loved all the new and exciting ideas surrounding the mysterious painting. Even more, I loved the concept of using sorcery to paint a real, tangible world in an inner layer beneath the painting - and a paradise at that! It contained all sorts of oddities, mythological creatures and alchemic ideas. It was entirely vivid in detail, the settings were all beautifully described. The character development was quite interesting, and fit very well with the story; it flowed smoothly and tied back to the story splendidly. Personally, I loved Sunni and Blaise. I felt a closer connection to them because of their endless curiousity and interest in art. I also had an admiration for Marin, who was an apprentice to the famous painter centuries before. He had a painful past which made me feel empathy for him. This story as a whole affected me on an emotional level, it made me feel like the characters were, in a sense, real.