Saturday, September 27, 2014

A new student review of Captive by Aimée Carter

nictaf posted a new student review of Captive by Aimée Carter. See the full review.

I wasn’t happy when I found out Captive was a book two when I hadn’t read book one.  I could understand the main gist of the book, but I couldn’t understand the minor subtleties of this story.  In the end, though, it didn’t matter. The story kept me riveted anyway, even if it is considered a romance.  The author had a way with words to make it seem like you were right there in the book, too. Overall, this book was great, but very violent.  Punishments were harsh and usually meant death.  There were quite a few bad words also.  The surprise ending made me want to read book three immediately.  Aimee Carter made a great series for adventurous readers.  I would recommend this book for ages 13 and up.