Monday, August 04, 2014

A new student review of Life, Love, and Surviving High School by Ann Herrick

ninanx posted a new student review of Life, Love, and Surviving High School by Ann Herrick. See the full review.

The book "Life, Love, and Surviving highschool" by Ann Herrick was a humorous, relatable, and compulsive read. 

I enjoyed how Becca was a character that the reader can easily relate to, although she sometimes makes disagreeable mistakes. She is funny, smart, shy, and sometimes insecure. She often gets stuck in dilemas which are very common in high school.

Furthermore, I admired how realistic the conflicts and situations in the story were. Such as having a best friend (Claire), trying to fit in with the rest of the people in school, and boy drama. Becca decides to focus on her school and do her work. But when Colt and Brent come along, things come crashing down. Becca gets distracted and caught up in boy drama and love and forgets about school. This part makes the story come to life and be interesting, since there were many twists and turns. I was reading this constantly and nonstop, so much that I couldn't even put down my tablet/phone!

Overall, I would recommend this book to any current middle schooler or high schooler because there are so many things that are relatable, and I honestly enjoyed this book more than I expected!