Monday, June 09, 2014

A new student review of The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

Madi posted a new student review of The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa. See the full review.

I really enjoyed this book, and I think any other teen who enjoys fantasy would like it as well. In this action packed story, Julie Kagawa tells an engrossing and suspensful tale that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I had not read all the previous books in The Iron Fey series, but it did not affect my enjoyment of the exciting story. The events from the other books were summed up well and concisely in the first few chapters, and you learned more about the characters' past adventures as you read.

The characters were diverse, and while I felt some of their interactions were cliche, they still had some very realistic and complex emotions that I could connect with. Kagawa uses great details in her writing, and I could clearly picture every character and setting.

Though it took me a little time to get into the story, I had lots of fun exploring the mystical lands and intriguing characters I met while reading, and I will definitely be reading more books in the series.