Thursday, June 26, 2014

A new student review of A Force of Will A Shakespearean Fantasy Adventure by D.J. Wallace

cshattan posted a new student review of A Force of Will A Shakespearean Fantasy Adventure by D.J. Wallace. See the full review.

I did not like this book because the the characters speak in old English, but the author narrates the story in modern English, and the clash between the two made the flow of the book choppy.  I liked the storyline. It was interesting to follow the journey of a boy trying to prove himself, only to come home and find that his home has forever been changed.  This could’ve been better, if the writing style of the dialogue was consistent with that of the narrative.  I had trouble trying to get through the story and I skimmed most of it.  

 

I do not recommend this.