Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A new student review of Mirror of Stone by Corie Weaver

mrthebeast posted a new student review of Mirror of Stone by Corie Weaver. See the full review.

Starting with what I like in the book, the most apparent thing that you could see from page one was the description, even from the beginning I was able to completely visualize the setting of the book. The characters were also very realistic, they had their flaws, and the line between good and bad, like in real life, was not perfectly clear (which is definitely a good thing). One last thing that I found amazing was the suspense at the end of every chapter or before the setting changed.

On the flip side I did feel the author’s descriptive language started to die out as the story progressed, which did detract a little from the quality of the book at the end.  I also did not like how easily some of the characters were willing to change their views throughout the book.

In the end, this was a great story and the flaws that I pointed out did not take away that much from the book as a whole. I would easily give this book 5/5 stars, and would recommend this book to kids ages 13 and up, of both genders. While there was not much bad language used throughout the book, the plot was intricate and I do feel that some younger readers would not comprehend and enjoy the book fully.