Monday, April 14, 2014

A new student review of Salvation by Alyssa Cooper

Jigub posted a new student review of Salvation by Alyssa Cooper. See the full review.

As I first started reading this book, I was overwhelmed with the sadness of what had happened to Alec.  I do not know the feeling of losing a parent, but I do understand the emotion of loss and the author has vivid imagery expressing that emotion well.  That was one of my favorite things about this author; her writing has imagery that just paints deep feeling.  The author tends to have some grammatical issues here and there but overall I still loved the plot of the story.  It made me crave more and the fact that this book was divided into three parts added to my enjoyment.  With every new book,  there would be a different point of view and that allowed me to make more connections since I could have a better feel towards the character. This book has its flaws but it’s still a good story.