Saturday, March 22, 2014

A new student review of Middle School Cool

nictaf posted a new student review of Middle School Cool . See the full review.

Although the beginning was a bit dull, I still loved this funny, amazing book and hope Maiya Williams will keep writing more great books just like this one.  For example, I liked when some of the adults wondered how the flyers for the school got under their windshield wipers when they were parked in their garages.  The characters were funny.  They got put into a setting that showed that kids do not like school.  I agree with one of the characters whose name is Leo.  Schools just do not have accommodations for blind kids, and I hope schools will listen up and make things easier for blind kids everywhere.  Another character that I liked was Ruben because everyone thinks he is a bully, but he’s really a softie at heart and likes to dance.  The last two characters that I want to talk about are Aliya and Taliya.  Aliya and Taliya are twins and used to be connected at birth, so they know what the other twin is thinking without talking.  This is a great book and I would say boys and girls ages 8 and up will love it.