Thursday, November 28, 2013

A new student review of Saving Halloween

ctamm posted a new student review of Saving Halloween . See the full review.

The book is well-written and brings the spirit of the Halloween holiday to life. I like that the book deals with bullies, and ways that the girls are able to overcome the threats of those bullies. I like the colorful characters in the Spavento family, and how the mystery was solved in an unexpected way. I did feel that the magic in the book sometimes made the answers to the girls’ problems seem a little too simple. I also felt that a few of the characters could have come across as more authentic. Overall, however, I definitely do recommend Saving Halloween. The book brings the magical spirit of the Halloween holiday to life. It also teaches readers to feel confident about who they actually are.