Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A new student review of Frozen

alphatauri posted a new student review of Frozen . See the full review.

Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series didn't impress me very much, so reading Frozen was a delightful surprise. The action in this book starts from page one and never lets you go. There are sea battles, magic battles, and shocking betrayals, just to name a few. There's also a fantastic element of mystery as we slowly learn more about the characters. Their secrets are brought to light one at a time and it was extremely fun to predict what would happen next. Most of the characters are very likable. I particularly liked Nat as she was one of the few female characters and was a tough role model. The one complaint I would have is the speed at which the romance happens. I felt it was a bit contrived, but could see why it happened. Overall, I'd recommend to anyone who enjoys a story with romance, magic, dystopia, sea quests, and of course--dragons!