Monday, August 26, 2013

A new student review of The Osiris Curse

read_write_eat posted a new student review of The Osiris Curse . See the full review.

This was my first Steampunk book, and it was a truly enjoyable experience. Despite not having read the first book in the series, The Lazarus Machine, I caught on quickly and to my knowledge, the sequel was not so much a continuation of the first installment as it was a new adventure for Tweed and Nightingale. The book alternated in points of view- which I have often seen as either hit or miss- and this was definitely a hit! The change in viewpoint helped to build suspense in the story. My one gripe regarding the book is that the romance seemed to distract from the mystery and friendship between Tweed and Nightingale. But overall, The Osiris Curse was an action-packed, suspenseful book that kept me up for much of the night and got me hooked onto Steampunk fiction.