Monday, June 17, 2013

A new student review of The Language Inside

swimmer1430 posted a new student review of The Language Inside . See the full review.

I really enjoyed The Language Inside and thought that it was a beautiful read. I was not expecting the book to be written in verse, but it worked well with the story, especially since Emma spends part of the book writing poety. I was able to read The Language Inside very quickly because there weren't many words on each page and the pages flew by. Even with less words, the author is able to present a well-rounded story with developed and interesting characters. I loved reading about Japanese and Cambodian cultures and I felt like I learned a lot. This book would be great for a book club, fans of poetry and people who like to read about different cultures.