Sunday, April 07, 2013

A new student review of Super-Scary: Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec

Gwendolyn posted a new student review of Super-Scary: Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec. See the full review.

 

As one who doesn’t always like to follow patterns and gets highly frustrated when I don’t understand something, I found the author’s notes to be helpful. By breaking down the patterns into sections, she made knitting less difficult and stress free. The patterns go by somewhat quickly, which I liked, and I think is quite good for all the impatient knitters out there. In my opinion, a few of the creature designs are not entirely cute, so this is one of the reasons why I enjoyed the “mix and match monsters” section, where I was able to practice certain techniques and design the toy specifically how I wanted. Anna Hrachovec makes knitting simple and easy to comprehend.