Monday, March 25, 2013

A new student review of Plague in the Mirror

swimmer1430 posted a new student review of Plague in the Mirror . See the full review.

The subject of doppelgangers is very interesting and hasn't been written about as much as it should. I thought the premise of Plague in the Mirror sounded very original: evil twins, time travel, romance, and travel all rolled into one. However, I think the author had too many storylines and themes in her novel. Neither modern day Italy or Medieval Florence were as fleshed out as they could have been. I would have preferred if the author picked one setting and stayed with it - rather than have May constantly travel between the two. There were things that I enjoyed in this novel. I loved the setting of Florence. I want to travel to Italy so I was jealous of May's opportunity to live there for the summer. I also enjoyed May's relationship and romance with Liam although I do wish they spent more time together in the book. Overall I think the author of Plague in the Mirror had too many ideas for one book, but it was still an enjoyable read.