Friday, March 01, 2013

A new student review of Charm & Strange

MIZZIQ posted a new student review of Charm & Strange . See the full review.

I was enthralled with this book and sometimes just simple phrases that were just in the right spot. The author uses suspense to their incredible advantage. To me Charm & Strange spoke about healing. But the coolest thing for me was what it showed through the characters: that it's okay to be broken when you're hurt. And you don't have to be totally healed to move on with your life. The character was in a sense going crazy, but the author didn't critisize that or make it seem wrong...even before you knew the cause. It makes me think that she felt very deeply about the subject and her characters. That is very cool. I loved how the characters were developed and how I could change my opinion about someone so suddenly. The book was a little journey.

 

There were things about it that bothered me of course :). Namely some language used. Because of this and a few ways some things were described it did rub me the wrong way. It didn't make me dislike the book, but it didn't make me love certain aspects of it. I think it's just a case of taking the good out of it and the story and the wonderful characters and trying to leave the rest. Characters after all can't be perfect. :)