Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Skylark by Meagan Spooner

Lark has always known she was different from the rest of her people, and her people always knew Lark was different from them. Every year, Lark wishes her Resource will finally be harvested, and finally, her wish is coming true. However, upon entering the city and learning what being harvested really entails, Lark finds that all she wants to do is get away. Will she be able to flee and survive outside the Wall, or will she find where she truly belongs?

Skylark by Meagan Spooner is a tale full of romance, lies, and betrayals. Once I started the book, it was hard for me to put it down. The whole story was very serious. From the minute I started reading, I could tell that something big was going to happen and that there was going to be an adventure for Lark. The storyline was amazing, but I was upset at the end. I hope Ms. Spooner writes a sequel to this thrilling novel. I would recommend this book to girls age thirteen and up.

Reviewer Age:15
Reviewer City, State and Country: Fresno, California USA