Saturday, August 18, 2012

Child of the Mountains by Marilyn Sue Shank

Lydia Hawkins is a 12-year-old girl living in the mountains of West Virginia. Her whole world gets turned upside down when her brother, B.J. passes away and her mother gets put in jail for an unfair reason. When she gets sent away to live with her grumpy uncle and crazy aunt some weird things happen. Lydia figures out some family secrets that change her entire life. If you like suspense, tragedy, and standing up for what s right, Child of The Mountains is the perfect book for you.
I really enjoyed this book. This book teaches kids to appreciate what they have and that not everything will go their way. It also teaches them to realize how many gifts God has already given them. The emotion written in the book is so powerful and moving. Each chapter is filled with suspense. I could hardly put it down. I would go upstairs to clean my room and then stay up there for an hour just reading my book. This is not the kind of book I would normally read but I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Reviewer Age:10
Reviewer City, State and Country: Charlotte, NC United States