Sunday, June 03, 2012

BlackGold by Albert Marrin


Black Gold, it controls the world. Also known as crude oil, it shapes our society by being involved with everything we use and do on a daily basis. "Black Gold" explains this process of control. From the very beginning of time when it was created to the present day with our rising gas prices, "Black Gold" covers it all. "Black Gold" makes connections that you'd never even think of. If you're interested in history, any type of social studies, and even math, then you'll definitively enjoy this book. 
I thought this was a well written book. It was just a bit too "textbook-y" for me, I was looking forward to more of the effects that drilling and the oil industry has the personal lives of people all over the world. As I said, it was very informative and I learned a lot, I just wish there was some more personality to it. Overall, I might recommend this book to a friend if the circumstances were appropriate, though probably not just for pleasure reading.

Reviewer Age:15
Reviewer City, State and Country: Hopkins, Michigan United States