Thursday, April 12, 2012

Born Different by Faye Aitken-Smith

This book is about Gabe, an artistic young man who is getting ready to graduate from school. Gabe may seem like a normal teenager on the outside, but in reality he is very different. Gabe was born with wings, but he views this as a deformity. The genre of this book is fantasy, but is very easy to relate to.The main theme of the book has to do with Gabe and learning to view his deformity as a gift.
When I began reading this book I really thought it was going to be good. I was really interested by the plot so I hoped it would get better, but it never did. Throughout the book I found many typos which I found very unprofessional. I've realized that the author is from a different country, but these errors should have been corrected. I gave this book the same amount of time that I give any other book and honestly it was a big waste of time. The only strength I found in the book was the main character. The main character was very well thought out and very easy to relate to. The story just needed more plot and action to the story.

Reviewer Age:20
Reviewer City, State and Country: Mantua, New Jersey United States