Friday, March 09, 2012

By The Time I'm Twenty


In By the Time I'm Twenty, Lawrence attempts to make money in the hood by selling drugs with his friend Winston until two of his friends get shot in a crack house. Then Lawrence realizes how dangerous drug dealing is, and he wants out. The problem is,  he doesn’t have enough money to "buy himself out" so he ends up telling his parents about all of it.  Now he has to make a decision, to tell the police, or not. Meanwhile, Winston and L.C, the drug lords, are after him.
In the book it makes you feel like you are right there in the action.  The characters of this book seem like very real people. Lawrence, the main character, is just like any other teenager, but is put into a tough situation. This book is written as a play so there is no feeling of a narrator. At the end of the book you actually know what happened to most of the characters. I believe the author shows about how drugs can ruin a person’s life in many ways. The book had a good climax and falling action which is very exciting. After finishing this book I learned about how school is important and how terrible drugs are. I would recommend this book to my friends because it is entertaining and after I finished the book I think I will never forget it.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Fairborn, Ohio USA