Saturday, February 18, 2012

The File on Angelyn Stark


Book Title: The File on Angelyn Stark
Author: Catherine Atkins
ISBN: 9780375869068
Summary: “You think you know me?” This is how Angelyn Stark would respond to meeting a new person. As an outsider, you would not know much about Angelyn. Sure, at school, kids see the bad girl side of her, the one that doesn’t mind getting in trouble. But what happened to the good girl, the one that studied with Mrs. Daly after school when she was younger? And why does she hate Mrs. Daly’s grandson, Nathan, so much? What did Nathan do to make Angelyn’s mom and step-father hate her? And then there is Mr. Rossi, Angelyn’s World Cultures teacher that says Angelyn is “one smart girl.” Angelyn hates teachers, but Mr. Rossi doesn’t act like a teacher…he’s more of a friend. But how friendly will Angelyn and Mr. Rossi become?
Opinion: The File on Angelyn Stark was a good read, but the title of the book left me confused. When I first started reading the book, I thought that a file of records would have a significant meaning in the book, but there never was a file. Although I was confused by the title, I liked the book and thought that Angelyn was an interesting character. I never knew what she would do next, which left for an exciting plot. However, the book was a little slow at some parts and, to me; the author took awhile to let you know some major events that would affect the plot. All in all, the book was a good read. I would recommend this book to girls 14 and above, due to some language and sexual content.

Content:2
Contained profanity and sexual content. Also involved a student-teacher relationship.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7
Reviewer Age: 14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Springfield, Ohio USA