Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten


Alex was Lucy's first boyfriend, her first love, her first everything. After spending the summer apart Lucy couldn't wait to see Alex on the first day of school, and share her special surprise with him. Only instead of reacting the way she thought he would, Alex breaks up with her!

Lucy is completely devastated, and utterly heartbroken. Then she meets Olivia, a striking but mysterious girl, who gives Lucy the opportunity of a lifetime! Olivia is part of a secret sisterhood of heartbreakers, a group of girls who are immune to ever having their hearts broken. If Lucy joins the secret sisterhood, not only will her own heart be healed, it will never be broken again! The rules are simple, make someone love you in the next seven days, and then break their heart. But Lucy has another plan in mind! What if instead of using the secret sisterhood of hreatbreakers to win a heart and break it, she used it to win a heart and keep it? With the clock ticking away will Lucy be able to win Alex back, or is she destined to be heartbroken forever?

Lynn Weingarten made this book come to life! She set the story up beautifully and it captivated me from the very first page. I found myself reading this book as fast as I could so that I could find out what happened next. Before I knew it, I devoured the entire book in one sitting!

Lucy is the main character in this book and my heart literally broke for her. She was completely devastated by her breakup with Alex. What girl hasn't been down that road at least once? So could I blame her when she decides to use the Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers to win a heart and keep it forever? Well, this girl couldn't!

I loved this book and would definitely recommend it to others. I think a broken heart is something everyone can identify with. It really makes you wonder, if you were given the same opportunity, what would you do?
I haven't read any other books by this author, but now I want to read every book she's ever written! I can't wait to read the sequel to this amazing novel!

Content: 1
Rating: 10
Reviewer Age:26
Reviewer City, State and Country: West Columbia, TX United States