Monday, January 23, 2012

Ice Shock by M.G. Harris


Ice Shock is about 14 year old Josh, an adventurous youth with both Mayan and European ancestry. In his quest to answer many questions about his father s mysterious death, Josh learns of a secret Mayan society called Ek Naab. Ek Naab is an underground Mayan city where Mayans are trying to discover the way to stop the feared 2012 prophecy. Josh soon discovers that his ancestry plays a major role in the future for both the Mayans and the entire planet. Ice Shock is packed with action, major discoveries, betrayals, and a surprise ending.
Harris first book, Invisible City, was given to me as a gift. I started reading it and was instantly intrigued. I knew that I wanted more when it was over and that was exactly how I felt at the end of the second book, Ice Shock. When I finished reading, I felt like I read a really good book, but not like I read something that makes me feel like I could be a part of it. When I read a book, I want to feel as though I can create another character to be me in the story. And as much as I liked this book, I didn t feel as though I could be a part of it. Other than that detail, the story is phenomenal. I also loved the cliff hanger at the end of the story, the suspense of wanting to know more will get M. G. Harris readers lapping at his feet for another release in the series. I would definitely recommend Ice Shock and The Joshua Files to any readers aging from preteen to an easy read for any adult.

Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Charlotte, North Carlina United States of America