Monday, August 01, 2011

Calli Be Gold by Michele Weber Hurwitz

Calli Be Gold is a book about an eleven year old girl from a family of over achievers. She just wants to be average, but her dad is determined to find an activity in which Calli is absolutely outstanding. Sometimes Calli would feel like she did not even fit in her own family. But when Calli meets a little boy who needs her help but will not admit it, she is determined to help.

The plot was interesting; it kept me wondering about what was coming next. The characters were realistic, and the situations were true to real family issues. As I read the book, I felt like I was a bystander in Calli's life, as she struggled to find her passion. I recommend this book as an interesting, fun diversion.

Reviewer Age:11
Reviewer City, State and Country: Rockford, MI USA