Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Dream Smashers by Angela Carlie

Dream Smashers is a book about hope. Autumn Winters lives in the town of Cultus, Washington. Cultus is known for its great access to methamphetamine, which is also why Autumn lives with her grandmother. Autumn was taken away from her mother when she was a baby because of her mother's meth addiction and alcoholism. Autumn hopes for her mom to just leave her alone so she can start a new, fresh, freer life. Then Evan, a blind date, enters her life. Evan is a Godsend, literally; he's a church-going-volunteering-marathon-running-saint. Evan starts to change the way Autumn thinks. And with each encounter Autumn's life changes, more and more.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought the characters were very developed and had great stories to tell. I think that the author did a great job describing the addiction of the entire town. I also thought that the plot of this book was great and always kept me on the edge of my seat and reading late into the night. I am definitely going to recommend this book to many of my friends.

Intense drug and alcohol use. Also much explicit language.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Hopkins, Michigan USA