Thursday, May 05, 2011

Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire

Toby is a changeling. Her mother is a Fae, and her father is a human. This means that most of Fae hate her. Toby is struggling to survive in a confusing mix of the mortal world and her Fae home. Life doesn’t get better when her fetch shows up. A fetch is an exact copy of the person that will soon be killed. Toby has to deal with her insane mother, an evil sorceress who will stop at nothing to kill her, her fetch (May) living as her roommate, and a bunch of backstabbing betrayals. How will she ever survive? And will she have to make a heart-wrenching choice that she already made, again?

'Late Eclipse' was a fascinating read. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. I felt like I was watching the story play out through Toby's eyes, and really felt sorrow and anguish as she did. I came to love most of the characters in the book and couldn't have asked for a more complex cast. The detail was incredible and I would recommend this book to anyone. I loved the beginning, middle, and end!

There is mature language and content (profanity and violence). I do not suggest a specific age; just talk to an adult about anything you do not understand.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Coconut Creek, Florida U.S.A