Friday, February 11, 2011

Vesper by Jeff Sampson

Emily Webb is a quiet girl, the kind of girl you could definitely call a geek. She has only one friend, and is perfectly comfortable hiding behind her glasses and oversized sweatshirts. Suddenly, it's as if she wants to change her ways, but only at night. It started the night that the other Emily was murdered. Ever since Emily C. from school was found shot, it seems that she has developed a split-personality, changing from a nerd to a party girl. During the day, she wouldn't dare to flirt with another girl's boyfriend or sneak out of the house from her second story window. She wouldn't dare to be courageous for any reason, but at night, it seems she does exactly this. She doesn't understand what's happening to her and she can't handle when things start to get even stranger. Will Emily figure out why she's going through such difficult and confusing changes? Will she figure out if all that is happening is related to Emily C.'s murder?

Vesper by Jeff Sampson, to start out, was absolutely fantastic. It was interesting, humorous at times, supernatural, and even witty. It had the perfect amount of detail and was very easy to understand. As soon as I received this book and started reading it, I just had read it straight through. I had to find out what Emily Webb would do that night, things getting more intense with every page that I read. I was filled will curiosity from head to toe as I turned the pages. Out of all the books I have reviewed for Flamingnet, it was my favorite so far and I would give it a higher rating than "10" if possible. It has definitely made my list of top books to read. Jeff Sampson did an extraordinary job on this novel and I recommend it to all young adult readers, especially those with a tendency to read about anything supernatural.

Reviewer Age:15
Reviewer City, State and Country: Fairborn, Ohio USA