Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell

Trickster's Girl is about two main characters and their hopes of saving the planet. This book is set in the future where trees are in grave danger. Without trees the earth can't survive. A shape shifter named Raven comes to find Kelsa (our main character) in hopes that she will be able to believe in magic to help him save the planet. Kelsa has just lost her father and is still grieving but when Raven shows up it gives her some kind of purpose so she can go on. Throughout the book they go on a journey to Alaska but meet obstacles along the way.

Trickster's Girl fits into the genre fantasy and adventure. I was very interested in the plot the author had set up. The whole magic aspect of the story makes me very excited because I love magic. I loved this book but I am sad to say that I felt a little old reading it. I think teens and preteens who love magic and a good adventure would love this book. It has everything you need: some magic, a little bit of mystery and a lot of adventure.

Reviewer Age:19
Reviewer City, State and Country: Mantua, NJ USA