Monday, November 22, 2010

Sphinx's Queen

Sphinx's Queen picks up where Sphinx's Princess left our


trio of Nefertiti, Nava, and Prince Amenophis. After

escaping from Thebes in the last book we pick up with the

first sunrise of their quest for freedom. Together they

make their way to Dendera but about half way the odds turn

against them. With luck, our protagonists make it to

Dendera, then they are no sooner sent to Thebes. Now

is the time for justice to reign as Nefertiti is judged by

Ma-at, an Egyptian goddess. If the verdict of innocence

is given will she be able to be with Amenophis or will

they be separated forever? On the other hand, if her

verdict of guilt is said will Nefertiti survive? This tale

of justice and love is predictably unpredictable.

I found Sphinx's Queen to be be an enchanting tale. The

detail is amazing and brings the reader into the story.

On the other hand, I found the author may have gone a

little too far after Nefertiti's trial. For whatever reason, I loved the book up to the

point where it becomes more of a romance. Had the book

ended shortly after the trial and quickly turned into a

happy ending or a sad ending, I would have been pleased and

wanted to know more of what would happen, but there is a

fine line in giving the readers what they want and what

they need. I need to be stopped at a point at which I want

more but never get it. This leaves me to imagine what

could happen, but by ending it with a complete ending I

lost interest quickly. I did enjoy the book immensely but

I found it to linger on past it's point of leaving the

reader wanting more.

Reviewer Age:20
Reviewer City, State and Country: Az city, Arizona USA