Monday, April 12, 2010

Hastur Lord, by Marion Zimmer

We've all heard stories of nobles that don't want the crown or royal position that they are destined to inherit. But have we heard one in space? Flip open the pages of "Hastur Lord" and discover, Regis, a noble in that position. When another empire seeks to change the Terran Empire's Class D Closed World status, Regis has to begin to pay more attention to politics. The fate of his country will soon rest in his hands. Hop into your spaceships, readers, and blast into this book!

Unfortunately, the review of this book will be slightly biased. Personally, I
don't enjoy many science-fiction novels. There were times in this novel where I became lost and was left wondering, "which empire were we talking about?" I never quite understood why the ecological systems were involved, and I thought this book had many awkward moments dealing with the gay relationship of Regis and his lover, Danilo. I suppose if I had read the other books about Darkover before reading this one, the story line might have made more sense. This book is appropriate for high school students, and I believe science-fiction fanatics would enjoy it. For others that are not avid science-fiction readers, I would recommend they pass this one by.

Reviewer Age:16
Reviewer City, State and Country: Mineola, Texas U.S.A.